Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Long time no post

Hello All!

It has been WAY too long since I have posted. My wife and I have bought our first house in the beginning of august. Needless to say, I have been drowning in house since then. In other news, a good friend of Vornskyr's has opened a store about 20 minutes from me, so now I have two great LGSs to go to and support.


I admit that most of my modeling time has been consumed by the 5th god of chaos - home ownership. Amidst the drownage, I have squeaked in as much modeling as I could. I have made very slow progress on my Eldar, and in fact, because of the move, I may have lost some ground. The dark angels did get some love, especially the Deathwing.

I do have to rant a bit here. I was thinking about the Dark Angels. I then compared them to regular space marines. The space marine codex gives some very cool options that the dark angels do not get. The one thing that makes the Dark Angels unique compared to other space marines, is their ability to take terminators and bikers as troops – the Deathwing and Ravenwing. Outside of that, and their related special rules, I cannot really think of any specialties that make the Dark Angels a better selection than any of the other power armored brethren. Please correct me if I am in error about this, as I plan to sell off much of my “core” dark angels stuff. Without further ado, here is what I got completed so far.

Ye old assault wraithlord. I was on a priming high, and in my zeal, I primed him before I realized that I still had some modeling to do on him still. He is lacking his twin flamers, and skirt. There are some gaps on him that still need to be filled with GS as well. Alas, i do not have new pics of him.

The butcher of Khador. Surprisingly enough, is the first model I have actually completely finished. He is based, painted, and rearing to get more blood on his dripping axe, Lola. And after 10 months of being in this hobby, my first ever finished model:

A squad of tactical marines from the mysterious Consecrators. A branch chapter of the Dark Angels.

Kommander Sorscha. The soon to be leader of the Khadorian 5th Border Legion. Who's father was killed by Orsus Zoktavir, the Butcher of Khardov.

The Kovnik and officer of my Winterguard infantry. They still have more work, but are close to being done.

Alexia Ciannor. The heroine of the witchfire trilogy, the saga that gave the Iron Kingdoms their start. Here she is in her Warmachine sculpt with her undead. I traded her off for some skorne and Deathwing, but i do have the Iron Kingdoms sculpt coming in the mail.

The zombies i painted and dipped. I only added a basic base coat, and then i dipped them in minwax that we have had sitting around. It gave everything a nice dark brown shade.


That is all I have time for at this point, but there will be more to come. I have been seeking a brush on primer to use for modeling, but i tried the local hobby shops and art stores to no avail. I found a can of Kills primer in the storage shed of the house, so i am going to be testing out. Will let you guys know.

No comments:

Post a Comment